Introducing Blephasteam Eye Goggles
We at Eye Lounge has just added our newest product from Thea Pharmaceuticals, a completely new and revolutionary way to deal with Meibomian Gland Dysfunction and dry eye conditions - Blephasteam.
What is Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD)?
Meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD) is a common eye condition. Many people don't realize they have it.
Your eyelids can become sore and swollen when the glands become blocked. Other symptoms of this condition are dry eyes and itchiness. The eyes may become red, and if they’re sore, maybe watery, this can cause vision to become blurry.
What is Blephasteam Goggles?
Blephasteam is an eyelid warming medical device that will help relieve the symptoms of MGD. It can also help treat similar medical conditions such as posterior blepharitis, meibomitis, ocular rosacea, chalazion, contact lens intolerance and dry eye. We also have other nutrients that can help many of these conditions which you can find here.
It works by similar to a hot compress, except you can wear them comfortably and continue reading or watching television. Once you have started using the product, you will find that your glands improve, which helps comfort and vision.
Designed in collaboration with eye care specialists, Blephasteam is based on scientific studies by Dr JR Fuller that suggests the daily application of heat and humidity has a beneficial effect on various conditions.
Unlike some alternative eyelid warming devices, such as hot compresses, Blephasteam is electronically controlled to maintain a stable heat for the duration of treatment.
How to use Blephasteam:
Blephasteam should be used twice daily. (unless otherwise recommended by an eye care professional) There should be a time-space of four hours between each use.
Below is a step by step guide on how to use the equipment:
- Blephasteam operates while plugged into an electrical outlet. It needs to preheat for 15 minutes before use.
- The Blephasteam rings must be moistened with mineral water, or saline solution, and be placed inside the device. The device is now ready to use. These rings are single-use only and must be thrown away after use. New rings must be used for each treatment to ensure optimal efficacy and hygiene.
- Sessions are 10 minutes long. Blephasteam allows clear vision during the session so the patient can carry out normal activities.
- After 10 minutes the session is complete. Stop using Blephasteam and throw the rings away. Each Blephasteam device must be used by a single individual only and must be cleaned carefully with the provided dry blue cloth or with an alcohol-soaked wipe after each use.
- For a complete treatment, the eyelids should be massaged and cleaned with a pad.
- The rings inside the googles can only be used once and need to be replaced for every new use.
All this information has been sourced by the manufacturing company. This was a post written not by a medical professional. We do not suggest we are in this blog but write to educate and explain.