Free Delivery over £50
Trusted by Opticians
"And a study by Caledonian University in Glasgow found an improvement in symptoms in 100 per cent of patients using the Blephasteam goggles. Daily Mail 2020
What do you get?
- Blephasteam Goggles
- Control box
- Charging cables with 3 pin UK plug
- 100 Blephasteam Rings providing 50 uses (extra rings available)
What Are The Benefits Of Blephasteam?
- Unique design allows you to set the optimum temperature
- Convenient and easy-to-use – 10 minutes twice daily
- Preserves blink quality
- Scientifically proven by an independent body to improve tear quality, decrease tear evaporation and improve vision
- Goggle made of Santoprene medical-grade – a synthetic material that does not contain any natural rubber thereby reducing the risk of allergic reactions linked to natural rubber latex
- The strap is made from polyester and elastodiene.
- CE marked medical device
- Comfortable Googles
- Steam treatment
Unlike some alternative eyelid warming devices, such as hot compresses, Blephasteam Eye Goggles are electronically controlled to maintain stable heat for the duration of treatment.
Blephasteam is the first convenient eyelid warming device recommended to relieve symptoms of Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD) and associated diseases such as posterior blepharitis, meibomitis, ocular rosacea, chalazion, contact lens intolerance and dry eye.
Blephasteam provides both moist and heat therapy. This dual-action unblocks the meibomian glands, improves the tear quality, therefore improving symptoms, ocular health, vision and comfort. The easy to use googles allow you to continue with your daily activities whilst providing much-needed moisture to the eyes. The clear googles allow you to watch TV or read in the comfort of your own home.
Based on the original scientific studies of Dr JR Fuller, Blephasteam Goggles have been developed in conformity with the CE mark by Laboratoires Théa, a leading ophthalmologic company specialized in lid care and designed in collaboration with eye care specialists.
It is well established that Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD) conditions involve an alteration in the quality of the tear film lipid layer. This alteration is responsible for symptoms of eye irritation, inflammation and apparition of concomitant ocular surface diseases such as posterior blepharitis, meibomitis, ocular rosacea, chalazion, contact lens intolerance, dry eye.
What is Blephasteam for and what can it treat?
Blephasteam relieves symptoms associated with:
- Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD)
- Altered tear film composition
- Ocular surface disease
- Ocular and eyelid discomfort
- Dry eye
How to use Blephasteam?
Blephasteam Eye Googles should be used twice daily unless otherwise recommended by an eye care professional. At least 4 hours should be allowed between sessions.
- Blephasteam operates while plugged into an electrical outlet. It needs to preheat for 15 minutes before use.
- The Blephasteam rings must be moistened with mineral water, or saline solution, and placed inside the device. The device is now ready to use. These rings are single-use only and must be thrown away after each Blephasteam treatment. New rings must be used for each treatment in order to ensure optimal efficacy and hygiene.
- Sessions are 10 minutes long. Blephasteam allows clear vision during the session so the patient can carry out normal activities.
- After 10 minutes the treatment is complete. Stop using Blephasteam and throw the rings away. Each Blephasteam device must be used by a single individual only and must be cleaned carefully with the provided dry blue cloth or with an alcohol-soaked wipe after each use.
- For a complete Blephasteam treatment, the eyelids should be massaged and cleaned with a pad.
- Blephasteam Goggles for Dry Eyes must not be used whilst wearing contact lenses.
Harry's Case Study (extract Daily Mail 2020)
Harry was diagnosed with Dry Eye and was prescribed Eye Drops, to substitute the tears his glands were not producing. They helped, but he still experiences the stinging, gritty, burning and itchy feeling of dry eye.
He began to blink more, but people assumed he was nodding off to sleep. It eventually becomes unbearable so he was referred to a specialist who diagnosed blepharitis, an inflammation of the eyelids, a condition 2/3rd of people with dry eye suffer from.
At a lunch event, someone recommended electric googles to deliver steam to the eyes, which melts wax oil in the eye and helps natural secretions.
Harry stumbled upon Blephasteam Goggles by happy coincidence. Invented by British eye specialist John Fuller, when he had a steam bath in New Zealand and noted how much clearer his vision was afterwards. Tears are formed of three layers, one is oily and the heat melts that layer and creates better lubrication.
Harry began using the steam googles, which look like swimming goggles and was still able to read and watch tv, during the quick twice-daily 10-minute treatments. The natural treatment, unlike eye drops which contain chemicals, really helped and within a few weeks, he was delighted by the improvement in his sight. He can now open his eyes easily in the morning and spends his day in much better comfort.
And a study by Caledonian University in Glasgow found an improvement in symptoms in 100 per cent of patients using the goggles.
"Some of my patients who suffer from dry eyes swear by these goggles and use them every day" says Mr Shah.
"A randomised controlled trial carried out by German researchers in 2012 showed this type of device appeared to provide more effective warming than simply warm and moist compresses" German Researchers 2012
"These goggles are expensive, but if you do have an ongoing dry eye problem, they may be worth investing in."
This product cannot be shipped to the Australia, New Zealand or the USA