inspired by the biology of your eyes
What is Biotrue?
Biotrue contact solution is a multi-purpose, all-in-one solution which conditions, cleans, rinses, disinfects and stores all types of soft contact lenses including silicone hydrogel lenses.
Biotrue, by Bausch & Lomb, is one of the most popular solutions out there since it covers every aspect of contact lens care, meaning you don’t have to purchase anything more to keep your lenses clean. Here, our opticians review Biotrue contact lens solution entirely – covering its ingredients, benefits, prices and more.
What are Biotrue's Side Effects?
The following problems may occur: eyes sting, burn or itch (irritation), comfort is less than when lens was first placed on the eye, feeling of something in the eye (foreign body, scratched area), excessive watering (tearing) of the eye, unusual eye secretions, redness of the eye, reduced sharpness of vision (poor visual acuity), blurred vision, rainbows or halos around objects, sensitivity to light (photophobia), or dry eyes.
If you notice any of the above, immediately remove your lenses:
- If the discomfort or problem stops, then look closely at the lens.
- If the lens is in any way damaged, do not put the lens back on your eye. Place the lens in the storage case and contact your eye care professional.
- If the lens has dirt, an eyelash, or other foreign body on it, or the problem stops and the lens appears to be undamaged, thoroughly clean, rinse and disinfect the lens, then reinsert it.
- If the problem continues, immediately remove the lens and consult your eye care professional.
If any of the above symptoms occur, a serious condition such as infection, corneal ulcer, neovascularization (small blood vessels growing into the cornea) or iritis (internal inflammation of the colored part of the eye (iris)) may be present. Seek immediate professional identification of the problem and prompt treatment to avoid serious eye damage.
Who is Biotrue for?
Biotrue is ideal for anyone looking to restore the moisture of the lenses.
- Matches the pH level of natural, healthy tears
- Hyaluronan helps to retain moisture of your contacts for up to 20 hours of wear
- Exceptional disinfection efficiency with dual disinfection system
- Removes build-up of irritating protein, dirt and deposits
- Multi-purpose solution removes the need to purchase additional products
Is Biotrue Safe?
Biotrue is safe when used as indicated and is perfect for soft contact lenses including silicone hydrogel lenses.
Contact lenses can be stored in Biotrue for up to 30 days in an unopened lens case. If stored longer than 30 days between wear, lenses must be cleaned and disinfected with fresh Biotrue multi-purpose solution prior to use.
Biotrue Multi-Purpose Solution is a sterile, isotonic solution which contains the following ingredients; hyaluronan, sulfobetaine, poloxamine, boric acid, sodium borate, edetate disodium and sodium chloride. All of these ingredients are preserved with Bausch & Lomb’s dual disinfection system.
*Ingredients listed above are correct to the best of our knowledge and may be subject to change.