Benefits Of Thealoz Duo
- Can be used as often as required & suitable for use with contact lenses
- Ideal for sufferers of dry eye
- Protects, hydrates and rejuvenates your eyes
What Is Thealoz Duo?
- Thealoz Duo contains trehalose 3% and sodium hyaluronate 0.15% in a preservative-free formulation
- Trehalose protects the epithelial cells on the ocular surface, improving their resistance to daily stress of dry environments and tear film changes in a dry eye; it has very high water retention capabilities with both bioprotection and osmoprotectant properties
- Sodium hyaluronate adds moisture by retaining water to hydrate and lubricate the surface of the eye
Thealoz Duo is indicated for moderate to severe dry eye disease. Clinical studies have shown that a single drop of Thealoz Duo improves the thickness of the tear film for at least 4 hours (6 times longer than sodium hyaluronate alone). In one study, 62% of patients receiving Thealoz Duo were symptom-free after 84 days, with significant improvements in blurred vision, stinging and itching.
Thealoz Duo is a hypotonic formulation (low osmolarity), which means it particularly addresses the hyperosmolarity of the tear film in chronic dry eye to effectively soothe symptoms.
The uniquely designed, patented, the preservative-free bottle allows easy application.
Products containing preservatives can cause ocular surface toxicity, leading to inflammation and cell death. Using preservative-free eye drops supports the health of the ocular surface.
- Protects, hydrates and lubricates the eye’s surface
- Suitable for all dry eyes
- Clinically proven to last a long time on the eye
- Unique bottle, the ABAK bottle for easy application
- Can be used for up to 3 months from opening
- Hypotonic formulation for effective relief
- Can be used with all types of contact lenses
How to use
The drops can be applied as often as necessary throughout the day, and are also suitable for contact lens wearers to apply before or during wear.
Store below 25°C.
Can be used for up to 3 months after opening.
Dry eye is a condition which starts because your eyes are either not producing enough tears or your tears are evaporating quickly than they normally should.
Dry eye can arise for a number of reasons; contact lens use, dry environments, ageing, blepharitis, eyelid inflammation, working on computers. It’s a general annoyance that causes us unnecessary discomfort. Creating a challenge for us at work and everyday life.
Thankfully, moderate to severe cases of dry eye can be relieved with over-the-counter treatments. Thealoz Duo has been clinically proven to do exactly that.
Thealoz Duo hydrates, lubricates and protects our eyes from discomforting dry eye symptoms. These fast-acting, long-lasting eye drops leave your eyes both
Thealoz Duo can be used as often as you like, making them perfect when the symptoms start to kick in again. They're also preservative-free and suitable for use with your contact lenses.
Are There Side Effects To Using Thealoz Duo?
We have often been asked whether there are any possible side effects to using these drops, in short - there are no side effects.
What Is The Difference Between Thealoz And Thealoz Duo?
Thealoz Duo combines the formula of Thealoz (trehalose) and Hyabak (sodium hyaluronate) into one unique formula to offer greater, longer-lasting relief from dry eye symptoms.
We also recommend Hycosan Original as a great alternative for soothing the symptoms of dry eye at a great value.